• Register
Prepare for your medical exam, USMLE, MCCEE with a FREE MCQs and clinical cases! ECG, CXR and all types of free medical MCQs with answers, good luck! Medical MCQs from students to students.
Sidebar

Three doctors became violently ill approximately 2 h after eating sandwiches...

4.7K views
asked May 6, 2014 in Microbiology by Rajesh Bahara

A box of ham sandwiches with mayonnaise prepared by a person with a boil on his neck was left out of the refrigerator for the on-call interns. Three doctors became violently ill approximately 2 h after eating the sandwiches. The most likely cause is

a. S. aureus enterotoxin

b. Coagulase from S. aureus in the ham

c. S. aureus leukocidin

d. C. perfringens toxin

e. Penicillinase given to inactivate penicillin in the pork

1 Answer

0 votes
 
Best answer
a. S. aureus enterotoxin
answered May 6, 2014 by Rajesh Bahara

Related questions

1 answer 1.8K views
1 answer 1.4K views
1 answer 599 views
...